spiced chickpea crackers




You'll Need:

1 cup garbanzo flour
1/4 cup water
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1 tbsp fresh cilantro, finely chopped
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp cayenne
1/4 tsp turmeric
flour for dusting/rolling

Directions:

Mix together all dry ingredients and stir to combine.  Add olive oil and cilantro.  Slowly add water while mixing -- you may need to add more depending on your flour, but you'll want to use just enough to form a ball.  Knead until all ingredients are well incorporated and wrap the dough in plastic wrap to let sit for 10 mins.

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and prepare a workspace with two pieces of parchments paper.  Cover one sheet of the paper with flour and flour a rolling pin.  Once your dough has sit, unwrap it and place it in the center of the floured paper.  Flatted the ball gently and dust with flour.  Place the second piece of parchment on top and roll out the dough between them as thin as you can.  Remove the top sheet and cut into your desired shapes.  Prick each cracker with a fork to prevent too much air.  Transfer to a baking sheet with the parchment and bake 15-18 mins, or until the edges begin to brown.

Remove from oven and let cool.  They should crisp up more once cooled, and you will be able to gently break them apart.




I've been meaning to experiment with baking crackers for awhile now, and the Vegan MoFo chickpea challenge really gave me the extra push I needed!

7 comments:

  1. Wow! These look really good. i've never tried making crackers before but I think I will try these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound and look so awesome! Chickpea flour is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous! I've been wanting to make crackers for awhile too, this inspires me to actually do it!

    -jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy crackers, these look phenomenal! You've almost convinced me that I can make these .. I've tagged the recipe, just in case I get brave enough to try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do try them, JL. They're much easier to make than you might think! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't tried chick pea flour yet. Totally trying these!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made these today! They're really good. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete